Results from a recent survey of California residents showed that nearly half of them were either planning on moving to another state or would do so if the right opportunity arises. Furthermore, it should come as no surprise that many of them are considering relocating to Colorado. The breathtaking beauty of the Rocky Mountains and a better quality of life are only a couple of the reasons for this exodus to Colorado. So, it would appear that the Golden State isn’t so golden anymore. If you’re planning on moving from California to Colorado, All American Movers can accommodate your needs.
Why are so many people leaving California?
While millions of individuals have called California home for many years, it’s become very apparent over the past decade that this mentality is changing. Now we’re seeing what many are calling a mass migration out of the state. There are three primary reasons California no longer holds the allure and appeal that it once did:
- The cost of living – between the high cost of food and gasoline, as well as the exorbitant property taxes, people can’t afford California’s cost of living anymore and safer communities.
- The lifestyle – many Californians feel the need for additional living space. Many who want to start families want to live in an area with better public-school systems.
- The taxes – the sales tax rate is 7.25% (a base rate of 6% plus a 1.25% local rate), but depending on the city you reside in, it may be as high as 10.25%.
Why is Colorado such an appealing relocation destination?
The idea of moving from California to Colorado has become quite appealing to many individuals that have grown tired of the above factors. So why is Colorado so high on the list of desirable destinations? There’s much more to Colorado than the Rocky Mountains and skiing in the winter. Other factors that are attracting many Californians to this state include:
- Arts and culture – Colorado feature an abundance of privately and publicly funded artistic, cultural, and performing arts venues.
- The climate – you won’t find many states with better year-round weather, especially when you consider that Colorado sees nearly 300 sunny days per year.
- Health and wellness – if you are longing to live in a healthier environment, you can’t beat Colorado. It has the lowest adult obesity rate, the second lowest prevalence of high blood pressure, and the third lowest prevalence of diabetes.
- Professional sports franchises – the 5 major professional sports including baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and soccer call the Denver area home.
- Outdoor activities and recreation – Colorado have 10 national parks and 42 state parks along with 26 world class ski resorts and 35 winter recreation areas.
- Stunning scenery – not to be redundant, but the scenery in Colorado is unbeatable no matter where you live. If you’re looking for breathtaking canyons, gorgeous national parks, majestic panoramas of the Rockies, sprawling forests, or tranquil lakes and rivers, Colorado has it all.
Do you need any more reasons to move to Colorado? If you do, the specialists at All American Movers will be happy to discuss additional benefits of moving from California to Colorado.
How much does it cost to move to Colorado from California?
Depending on where you live in California, the distance from the center of the state to Denver is roughly 1,150 miles. Plus, there are certain factors that will influence the cost of your move. These factors include:
- distance between locations
- moving services required
- number of movers needed
- size of your home (weight of shipment)
- time of year you’re moving
Based on statistical data based on national averages and reviews of people who hired professional movers when moving from California to Colorado, the costs according to the size of the home are broken down as follows:
- 1 bedroom – $1,700 to $3,000
- 2 to 3 bedrooms – $2,650 to $4,100
- 4 or more bedrooms – $3,100 to $7,150
Keep in mind that these are based on subjective factors and your cost could vary. The best way to determine an accurate cost of moving to Colorado from California is with an in-home estimate performed by one of our relocation specialists. All you need to do is call us and we’ll do a complete evaluation of the items or boxes that need to be transported. Based on that we’ll send you a written estimate so that you’d be able to budget your move better.
We’ll walk you through the steps of the whole process so if it is your first move, you know that we’ll take care of everything. To learn more about moving from California to Colorado or to schedule and in-home estimate of your moving costs, contact All American Movers today. Talk with our business representatives and get answers to all your queries.