You would think as beautiful a state as Colorado is, that no one would want to leave there and yet they do for a variety of reasons. If you’ve been thinking about moving from Colorado to Texas, All American Movers has the experience and knowledge required to handle long distance moves like the one you’re about to make. We know how stressful a move like this can be, especially if you try to DIY. Why not let our team of skilled professionals’ shoulder that burden and alleviate your stress in the process?
Why would anyone want to leave Colorado?
It’s almost unconscionable to think that someone would want to move out of this beautiful state, and yet they do. In fact, Colorado’s in-migration numbers have dropped significantly as some individuals have chosen to move out of the state for other areas, one of which is the great state of Texas more commonly known as the Lone Star State. Thus, what is this migration out of Colorado based on? There are 3 key factors that are driving people out of the state:
- high housing costs
- low wages
- traffic congestion in metro areas
While the majority of Colorado movers are headed for the Northwest (Washington State), a significant number are moving from Colorado to Texas, many of whom have already let All American Movers handle their moving needs.
What is it about Texas that attracts so many Newcomers?
The second largest state population in the US belongs to Texas, second only to the Golden State of California. That should come as no surprise if you’ve been paying attention to current events the last decade of two. Through due diligence and research, we compiled a list of the top 8 reasons people move to Texas from Colorado and other states. Here are the results:
- Housing is much more affordable in Texas than Colorado.
- If you don’t want to move to one of the larger cities, there are plenty of other “friendlier”, safe cities and suburbs.
- It’s a tax-friendly state with no state income tax.
- Texas has a fantastic sports culture with 7 professional sports franchises calling the Lone Star State their home – baseball (2), basketball (2), football (2), and hockey (1).
- The economy is booming in Texas and it’s not just about oil. Based on GDP growth, jobs in the high-tech sector, and start-up activity, Texas has one of the healthiest economies in the country.
- The state is known for its top-notch educational opportunities.
- There’s an abundance of things to see and do in the Lone Star State.
- You won’t find a more diverse culture anywhere in the US or a more diverse place to call home.
Texas has a diverse climate from desert landscapes out west and high winds or snow in the Panhandle to a hot and humid life the northern part or the greenery and humidity of the east and southeast parts of the state.
How much does moving from Colorado to Texas cost?
It’s important to determine what a move from Colorado to Texas is going to cost so you stay within your budget and don’t hire the wrong company. The average cost to move to Texas from Colorado ranges between $2,600 and $4,000 according to national statistics. The following will give you an idea of the full-service moving cost based on the size of your home:
- $1,700 to $3,000 for a 1 bedroom
- $2,650 to $4,100 for a 2 to 3 bedroom
- $3,100 to $7,150 for a 4+ bedroom
Keep in mind that there are several factors that the All American Movers specialist takes into consideration when determining the cost of moving from Colorado to Texas. However, for a FREE quote on your custom move, give us a call to schedule an in-house evaluation. We’ll be over and after looking at the possessions that need to be boxed and transported, a written quote will be provided to you. There are no surprises or hidden costs so you can estimate and budget accordingly. These factors normally include:
- distance from Colorado to your new Texas home
- liability and valuation coverage as well as 3rd party insurance
- moving services required
- moving supplies and packing materials
- number of movers required
- overall size of the move
- time of year you’re moving
- and most importantly, gratuities for each mover
Keep in mind that the costs above are based on national averages and your cost of moving to Texas from Colorado may vary. For more information about moving from Colorado to Texas or to schedule an in-home estimate, we encourage you to contact All American Movers at your earliest convenience. Call us today and let our business representatives clarify your doubts.