When it comes to long distance moving, All American Movers has got you covered. We offer one of the most comprehensive lines of moving and relocation services in our industry as well as the most competitive affordable moving rates for intrastate and interstate moves. If a long distance move is in your future, it’s vital that you select the most experienced and reliable long distance moving companies in Denver to ensure a stress-free relocation. You want a company that works with you every step of the way from start to finish.
How do you choose the right moving company for the job?
When you consider the number of choices that you have, choosing the right moving company can be a daunting task. Even the simplest Google search for “Denver moving companies” will net you over 63 million results. To say the least, that is an overwhelming number of results. Any move, whether it’s across town, across the state, or across the country can be stressful and worrisome . . . unless you hire the interstate moving specialists at All American Movers.
In order to alleviate the frustration of choosing from that lengthy list of long distance moving companies in Denver, follow these 7 steps:
- Get referrals – as a good starting point, get recommendations and referrals from family members, friends, and fellow employees. Or you can ask a real estate agent if you’re already working with one.
- Get several estimates – we recommend talking to at least 4 to 6 moving companies and getting an in-person estimate from each one.
- Beware of any “red flags” (warning signs) – if a company asks for an upfront cash deposit, they may not be legitimate or reputable. Make a mental note as to how they conduct themselves (do they act like professionals?). If they seem unsure about their company’s abilities, can’t answer questions that are important to you, or show up late for the estimate, it’s probably a good idea to move on and talk to another company.
- Make sure they are bonded, insured, and licensed – licensed long distance moving companies in Denver should have US DOT number that they are issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If not, go on to the next company.
- Check each company out with the Better Business Bureau – the more reputable moving companies are BBB accredited. Research each company’s BBB track record to see if they have a “Good” rating at the very least. If they’re not listed with the BBB, look for a company that is.
- Look for a moving company that has professional accreditation – for example, look for a moving company that is listed at the American Moving and Storage Association’s website or displays the American Moving and Storage Association’s ProMover logo.
- Verify each company’s address – look for a physical address on a business card, online, or in the phone book. Be wary if they list a PO Box or residential name and address as they may not be a legitimate company.
How do you prepare for a long distance move?
Whenever you’re planning a long distance move, it’s important to prioritize everything that you need to do. This will help you to stay organized throughout the planning and preparation stages. The easiest way to accomplish this is to create a moving checklist that provides a clear and concise picture of what you’ve done and what you still need to do. Furthermore, try to keep everything in chronological order such as booking All American Movers before you start to pack your belongings. And if you need us to do the packing, we have an experienced team of packers that will come and do the needful with ease. Additionally, we offer storage facilities in case you have extra goods that need to be stored on short- or long-term basis. You can let us know your custom requirements and we’ll be with you at every step of the way.
It’s a good idea to divide up all the responsibilities so you don’t get stuck doing all the work yourself. Here are some planning steps that we recommend:
- Start comparing long distance moving companies in Denver 4 to 8 weeks in advance of the moving date
- Contact your bank, insurance companies, and your children’s schools about 6 weeks prior to the move
- Start going through your belongings in order to declutter your home a minimum of 4 weeks before moving
- Inform dentists, doctors, lawyers, neighbors, etc. at least 4 weeks before you move
- Donate or give away any items that aren’t going with you or better yet, raise some extra moving money by having a moving sale
- Start packing 2 to 3 weeks before moving day
To learn more about long distance moves or to schedule an estimate, call All American Movers at your earliest convenience.