Although many Chicago residents will tell you that the awesome skyline, beautiful waterfront area, and great hot dogs make the Windy City a fantastic place to live, others are moving from Illinois to Colorado for different reasons. It’s difficult to find another state that can beat Colorado’s amazing blue skies and beautiful natural scenery.
Cities like Colorado Springs and Denver are resplendent with mountain panoramas as well as great entertainment venues, terrific restaurants, and a vibrant nightlife. When you’re ready to move to Colorado from Illinois, All American Movers has the resources and experience to help you make a smooth transition to your new home.
What is causing people to leave Illinois?
While one political party blames a lack of investing in the education system and its infrastructure, the other blames the state’s high taxes and unfunded pension liabilities. The reality is that over 150,000 residents have left Illinois during the past 5 years (2014-19). In any event, these circumstances have resulted from a combination of the following factors:
- declining manufacturing
- decreasing birth rates
- economic discrimination against minorities
- high housing costs
- stagnating immigration
- young people going away to college and never returning
Although cities like Chicago still attract people seeking financial, legal, and tech careers, there’s an increasingly growing divide higher paying jobs and lower wages. As a result, many individuals are moving from Illinois to Colorado and other states.
Why have so many Illinois residents moved to Colorado?
There are a several reasons that All American Movers has helped so many people move from Illinois to Colorado. Because of its numerous amenities, people from all over the US have decided to make a new home in the Centennial State. Even though the population growth has slowed somewhat, Colorado is still one of the fastest growing states in the country. This is due primarily to the following reasons:
- Economic growth – over the past few years, Colorado’s GDP growth has been one of the highest in the US.
- Healthier lifestyle – Colorado has been continually ranked among the top 10 healthiest states in the US. Because of its active culture, it is known for its low obesity rates.
- Incredible scenery – the state is renowned for its breathtaking scenery, natural beauty, and mountain panoramas.
- Job market – because of its dramatic economic growth since 2015, Colorado’s job market is thriving.
- There’s just so much to do here – if there’s one thing you can say about Colorado, it’s the fact that you’ll never get bored living here.
If you haven’t made up your mind about moving from Illinois to Colorado, there’s a good possibility that you never will. Just remember that All American Movers is the full-service moving company that has the relocation specialists to make it happen quickly, efficiently, and affordably.
Do you really need to hire professional movers?
No matter how large or small your move is, relocating long-distance to another city can be a monumental task that is best handled by professional movers. There is a lot to think about and plan when moving from Illinois to Colorado. With a DIY move, you’re in control and can make the schedule. Furthermore, a DIY move is more affordable initially, but in the long run, hiring professional movers often turns out to be the more cost-effective option.
Conversely, a DIY move can be a back-breaking experience . . . literally. It’s a lot of hard work, it’s mentally and physically challenging, and worst of all, if you get injured, you’ll miss more work than you anticipated. Thus, what are the advantages of hiring a team of relocation specialists like All American Movers? Consider the following:
- Professional movers are experienced, they take care of all the heavy lifting, and they’re familiar with driving large, multiple-axle moving trucks.
- You’ll have fewer responsibilities to contend with, thereby alleviating the anxiety and stress that characterizes most DIY long-distance moving experiences.
- You’ll have more time for attending to other important tasks such as taking care of your children, setting up everything in your new home, preparing your pets for the move, changing your mailing address, etc.
Ultimately, the decision between a DIY move and hiring professional movers is unique to your needs and requirements as well as what works best for you. We are here to assist as and when you need. If there is any aspect of moving that you’d need, we are here to assist you with it. All that you need to do is call us and we’ll be there. An interstate move does require planning and organized execution to minimize damage and delays. That is why working with a professional help. To learn more about the services we offer when moving from Illinois to Colorado, call All American Movers at your earliest convenience.